Sunday, January 31, 2010

Under Construction

When I was home for Christmas visiting my family, we had several days to spend working on the house -- a little "sweat equity," as Habitat for Humanity says.

I didn't take very many pictures, and absolutely NONE of them show the work we actually accomplished! We did a fair amount of minor things like pulling nails and moving stacks of lumber, but we also drywalled one and a half whole rooms! And a closet!!! But, like I said, you can't see them because I didn't photograph it. Hopefully my mom will take some pictures soon and send them to me.

Remember the tiny kitchen? Here's the kitchen with the cabinets and ugly faux-brick walls torn out:




















And remember all the random doors? This one, in the bedroom, basically leads to nowhere, so E and I are taking off all the hardware (hinges and doorknobs) so that it will be flush against the wall. Later, we nailed the door back in place and drywalled right over it!


No comments:

Post a Comment