Monday, June 14, 2010

Windows and Screens

Well, summer has come to The Little Yellow House, and it is a scorcher! I've mentioned turning on the air conditioner to see if it works, but my parents always scoff and say "Already?? It's not that hot!" Unfortunately, of the 8 windows in the house, only one has a completely hole-free screen in it. One other in the bathroom only has a few small holes. So along with being hot and humid, I have no air circulation! (Of course the good screens aren't the ones in my bedroom.) But today Dad rearranged the existing screens so that I'll be able to get a breeze through the house and will be able to sleep at night!

ALSO... Today Dad and the boys are putting in my new, big, fancy front window!!! Pictures to come :) (The only bad thing is that Jack has to be locked in the bathroom so he doesn't escape through the giant hole in the wall, and he doesn't like it one bit!)

1 comment:

  1. i disagree with the parents. it is SO hot. I'm hoping late summer will be uncharacteristically livable :)

    ReplyDelete