Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wildflowers

Sorry I haven't gotten a picture of the new window yet! I've been busy working at Sbux, on the house, and helping with VBS this week. Good news... The water problems have been fixed, and I have hot water, the garbage disposal works, water doesn't pool in the dishwasher, and there are no leaks! My dad is awesome.

One of the blogs in my (too-long) list featured a post about wildflower gardens. Have I told you I love flowers? All kinds... the ones you plant in pots, the ones you plant in gardens, and the ones that grow along the side of the road.















You may have noticed that my yard is huge. So far I haven't had to mow it myself yet, because my dad kindly tasks his summer workers to do it once a week. But it is BIG. When I first moved back to Indiana, my mom and I talked about doing a wildflower garden / no-mow yard along the side to make it a little less tedious to mow. Finishing the interior of the house so it was livable was a higher priority at the time, but hopefully next summer I will be able to take a chunk of the yard and have beautiful wildflowers!

Here's some inspiration from around the web:

Maya*Made's no-mow yard



















you are my fave says wildflower gardens are my fave

















Enjoy!

1 comment: