Saturday, April 3, 2010

Preserve the "Yellow"?

It's time to pick siding!
Currently the exterior of the Little Yellow House is... yellow. :) But it is in pretty bad shape, as was the rest of the house! My mom mailed me some samples so I could pick the new color.

Don't you just love the names they pick for these things? Cypress, granite gray, sterling gray, silver ash, heritage cream, autumn yellow...















I did like the gray shades -- apparently I have a thing for gray right now, because that's the carpet color I picked. Also it's much more fun to write it the British way, with an "e". Grey. See? It looks so much more elegant.

Anyway, I ended up going with autumn yellow! I mean, how can I keep calling it the Little Yellow House if it isn't yellow??? It's the shade on the far right in the photo, if you can't read the names. I took the picture outside to try and get the true color, but who knows how the computer monitors change these things...

The Little Yellow House lives on!


1 comment: