Monday, April 19, 2010

April Showers

Well, as they say, April showers bring May flowers... except not to the Little Yellow House, 'cuz I haven't planted any flowers!!! I have big dreams for the future, though. I love plants and flowers of all kinds, and am planning to have a great big garden to grow my own food. (The garden may or may not happen this summer.) But I can't wait to do some of my own landscaping, with trees, flowers, fruits and vegetables, shrubs and bushes, flowerbeds... the whole shebang!















A lot of the existing trees in the yard have been cut down already, because they were dead, ugly, and/or in the power lines. Cutting down trees makes me sad, but in the long run it will improve the overall look of the place. I can't wait to start planting new things!!! I don't have a lot of gardening and landscaping expertise or knowledge (thankfully my family does!), but I know some of what I like!

What are your favorite kinds of flowers and bushes? Here are some of mine!

bushes
lilac
hydrangea (oak-leaf hydrangea is my favorite!)
rhododendron
peony

annuals
gerber daisy

perennials
iris
tulip
daffodil
crocus
poppy



1 comment:

  1. I like your lists! Here are some of mine!

    bush: forsythia

    annual: dahlias (actually, i don't know if they're annuals or not...)

    perennials: day lilies, hyacinth, phlox

    (to name a few :D)

    ReplyDelete